You are currently browsing Vietnam Black Pepper

Browse archive...

← Back to Homepage

Pepper prices fall sharply in Phú Quốc

Pepper prices in the southern province of Kiên Giang’s Phú Quốc Island have fallen sharply, causing difficulties for pepper farmers on the emerald island. According to Phạm Văn Nghiệp, vice chairman of Phú Quốc’s People’s Committee, pepper prices had fallen from VNĐ180,000 to 200,000 (US$7.7 to $8.55) per kilo just a ...

View Pepper prices fall sharply in Phú Quốc

Export price of Vietnamese pepper down 62 per cent

The average export price of Vietnamese pepper fell by 62 per cent year-on-year in the first eight months of 2018 to around US$3,330 per tonne following a dip in the global market, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. The ministry forecast the export price of Vietnamese pepper as ...

View Export price of Vietnamese pepper down 62 per cent

Pepper growers urge Centre to relook at the duty structure

Pepper growers have urge the government to relook at the lower import duty structure India has under trade pacts SAFTA and ISLFTA so as to protect domestic players. There is a concessional duty of 8 percent for the spice under the SAFTA (South Asia Free Trade Agreement), while import of 2,500 ...

View Pepper growers urge Centre to relook at the duty structure

PEPPER MARKET REVIEW

Black and white pepper prices in Brazil and Vietnam closed firmer this week with fresh demands showing up from more buyers from across the world for prompt and December/ January Shipments after a long period of quietness Brazil has shipped 9000 mt in October and the same quantity is expected to ...

View PEPPER MARKET REVIEW

PEPPER MARKET UPDATE

The situation of drought in the last month is very serious and 39 of 63 provinces in Vietnam have been impacted by drought. Especially in some key provinces such as Dong Nai /Gia Lai/Dak Lak ... drought is in the serious situation. Agricultural trees such as pepper / ...

View PEPPER MARKET UPDATE

World Spice Congress: What the industry can expect?

90% of spices produced in India consumed domestically. The rest 10% exported from India forms 50% of global supply. The Spices Congress in India is, therefore, of significant importance. The thirteenth edition of World Spice Congress(WSC) will be held from February 27 to 29 Ahmedabad. This gains ...

View World Spice Congress: What the industry can expect?

Pepper Market

We have seen pepper market falling into Bear Hug in week 47 and 48 with some of the holders in Brazil, Indonesia and Vietnam who were having exposure to the chapter 11 filed Singapore Trader getting into panic and were trying to sell off parcels lying in Singapore ...

View Pepper Market

Vietnam: Pepper export revenue enjoys steady growth

Vietnam’s peppercorn shipments to foreign markets performed well, with the January-November period’s export revenue close to that recorded in 2014, reported a conference in Ho Chi Minh City on December 1. According to the Vietnam Pepper Association (VPA), the country exported 124,000 tonnes of peppercorn, raking in 1.3 billion ...

View Vietnam: Pepper export revenue enjoys steady growth

Vietnam beats India in black pepper yield

Tiny Vietnam is one of the best countries in the world to cultivate the king of spices, black pepper, as it is gifted with natural resources, according to Scientific Agro Technologies (SAT) Chikmagalur Chairman Sunil Tamgale. Addressing UPASI-KPA delegates on the topic ‘Black Pepper Sustainability – A ...

View Vietnam beats India in black pepper yield

Vietnam: pepper exports to reach annual target soon

According to the Vietnam Pepper Association (VPA), the US, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Singapore are Vietnam’s three largest pepper importers. The three markets accounted for 37.89 percent of the total export value. Pepper exports to some other markets grew strongly, for example to Germany up 32.27 ...

View Vietnam: pepper exports to reach annual target soon

← Older
Subscribe Scroll to Top